font family: 'Shadows', cursive;

Thursday 17 July 2014

The Challenge: Hair Styles.

I'm now 66 days into my "Year in Hair" challenge, so far nothing drastic has happened. Thankfully, it hasn't fallen out, or turned a strange colour. It's growing rather quickly, although never as quickly as I would like.
 
I mentioned in my first post that I don't use heat tools very often (and when the temperature hits 38 degrees there's no way I am pulling out the blow-dryer). One of the most challenging things about having short hair, especially with no real "style," is styling it. On top of this, my bangs are of course growing out, and with hair as thick as molasses it tends to impair my vision. Pony-tails and buns were always my long-hair go-to styles. Without the length however, I am having to get creative.
 
Luckily I am loving some of the styles that are trending this summer.
 
The half-top-knot.
Featured recently on both Peppermint Tea and Le Fashion this hair style is easy, cute and hot-weather friendly. Win - win - win.

14 Le Fashion Blog 19 Ways To Wear A Half Up Top Knot Bun Short Bob Hair Via Still With You photo 14-Le-Fashion-Blog-19-Ways-To-Wear-A-Half-Up-Top-Knot-Bun-Short-Bob-Hair-Via-Still-With-You.jpg
Still With You.


16 Le Fashion Blog 19 Ways To Wear A Half Up Top Knot Bun Long Bob Hair Septum Nose Ring Via Nasty Gal photo 16-Le-Fashion-Blog-19-Ways-To-Wear-A-Half-Up-Top-Knot-Bun-Long-Bob-Hair-Septum-Nose-Ring-Via-Nasty-Gal.jpg
Nasty Gal.
 
 

 
Braids. 
Another trend that I am adoring is braids. In my opinion braids are timeless. They're nothing new, but there are always new ways to wear them! Braids are also life savers when it comes to growing out bangs.

braids

 
The Small Things Blog.

 
What are your favourite summer hair styles? Short hair styles?
 
Next month will be my 100 day update! Stay tuned.
 
xo, A

No comments :

Post a Comment